UNILAG BOY episode 1

You all know that feeling when you about to leave your boarding school for good not all of you attended one tho but those that could relate, those dreams and aspirations you have for the outside world ,the crazy things you plan on doing , the crazy hairstyles you plan on making, which eventually you wont because you would be homeless loll let’s keep that aside though. My name is James Otchemorae and this is my story.Gone are those days when I will have to wake up by 6.o'clock in other to fetch water or Mr ibu’s doze of early morning Cain or even that so called water and colouring acclaimed to be tea I can go on like this for hours but that’s not what I want to talk about today.my dream was to gain admission into the University of Lagos at age fifteen, graduate at age nineteen,with a first class upper in masscommunication. Literally I was chasing after the wind, “don’t mind me I haven’t had a taste of the outside world at that time”. My last days at vilified was awesome we got to write our class mate’s phone numbers, hobbies, face book user name e t c, in an exercise book it was called a “sIum book “ at that time, I don’t know what it is called now though, forgot mine at school I was devastated at first but I gave it a second thought that i wouldn’t need the exercise book, those that had my phone number would surely contact me, no time to stress myself on a book that would end up with mama Ayiru for puff puff wrappers, i was also about to leave the love of my life Sandra hm mm she would have forgotten about me by now, I knew we wouldn’t get to see each other anymore but I still had to promise her that we were going to see soon, I just couldn’t stand staring at her moody face it breaks my heart but deep inside me I knew that as soon as I leave Plateau for Lagos I wouldn’t be going back,unless I don’t know, maybe during my NYSC, Destiny could though, let’s throw that love story aside Abeg. My mom came later in the evening to pick me up, I was so mad at her ,while expressing my rage I forgot my slum book.We boarded God is good motors back to Lagos I could feel the fresh air it was so much different from the air in vile field, while enjoying the fresh air , mum told me about enrolling me into a diploma program in the University of Lagos and gain a direct entry into 200 level. I didn’t hesitate, my dreams where about to come true, we got to Lagos the next day we threw a little welcome party at my house my old friends came to visit me, I felt like an elder brother to them, day schools are for babies I said.At last I am free from mathematics I thought to myself I told my friends about my development ,they seemed happy for me tho I don’t know if it’s fake or real smile I can’t see through their smiles even it’s fake it’s their own palaver, then Joseph my best friend broke my heart, he was like the exam comprises of 50 maths questions 25 English and 25 government questions. My jaw fell why must maths be the largest I asked, I didn’t feel like writing the exams anymore but what can I do my mom has already paid and I have filled the form already after knowing my family’s financialstatus I can’t let the money just go into drains, I still want to achieve my dream so I had no choice than to write the exam……
TO BE CONTINUED 8/08/18

DOWNLOAD OUR APP HERE.

                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DHOOM EPISODE TWO

DHOOM EPISODE ONE

APOLOGIES FOR CHANGE IN SCHEDULED TIME